Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase.
The Sunset Plan is pleased to let you know about a great new resource – Podplan Membership. It’s a service specially designed for people who are looking to help their parents as they grow older. As part of creating practical end of life plans for yourself or your loved ones, these resources can help you explore services relevant to your and your families current and future needs.
This blog post will explain how the membership service works, what Podplan can offer plus we are pleased to be able to provide you with a special discount code when you sign up via our special link HERE
What is Podplan Membership?
Podplan Membership is an essential resource for anyone at any stage of thinking about, investigating or implementing services to help their parents.
Whether you are living with worry about what the future holds, or you already see the need to find support and you are looking for assistance to understand the options and to make the best and most informed decisions, then membership to Podplan will help you.
Did you know…..?
- There are approximately 1.6 million people in the UK aged 85 and over. Many families have hidden concerns about what/how/where they will care for their parents. It’s a difficult subject that is often avoided until it’s too late. Decisions are then taken in haste which increases stress and family tensions.
- 1 in 5 people born today are expected to reach their 100th birthday. Care responsibilities can extend for many years. The cost of care services is a shock to many. Without effective planning, families can face significant financial stress. Members receive information about what to expect and who can help them to prepare.
- Living longer does not mean living in perfect health, HEALTHY life expectancy is 63.3 years for men and 63.9 years for women. 1 in 5 people over 75 live with sight loss and 71% of over 70’s have hearing loss. Even the fittest of parents are highly likely to require help to live their best life. Members invest time to learn about support services so they are ready to call on them when they need to.
- Nearly half of all adults don’t understand what the term Social Care means. A little knowledge provides a lot of peace of mind. Members benefit from quick-to-digest information that is brought to them, via weekly emails, videos and Q&A sessions. They learn at their own pace, and can cancel their membership whenever they feel they know enough.
- 3 in 5 people are expected to become a carer at some point in their lives. Many people are ‘carers’ but don’t think of themselves that way. Helping their parents to shop, pay bills, find the best car insurance quotes……all counts as care. Podplan members learn about helpful resources in a range of areas, from specialist transport to meal delivery services.
- Falls are the largest cause of emergency hospital admissions for older people;
- 69% of older people who fall never fully recover.
- 25% instantly need long-term care. Learning about care options and identifying local services before they are needed ensures members are ready to act. Members learn how to locate the ‘best’ local services and how to choose between them.
- 60% of people over 70 don’t use the internet because they struggle with technology. There are many great devices especially designed for the elderly. Features such as louder sounds and bigger buttons can open up a new world communication and entertainment. They are all available to view inside the membership.
- Only 9% of houses in the UK meet basic standards for accessibility. Understanding how to adapt a home and where to find expert assistance, means that our members parents’ could stay living well – in their own homes, for many years. We explain the products available, how they could be funded and where to find qualified help to future-proof homes ahead of time.
- More than £3 billion of benefits remain unclaimed each year. Many benefits remain unclaimed because they are not well publicised or the application process appears to be too difficult and overwhelming to tackle. We help our members identify missing benefits and show them how to apply.
Challenges when making important decisions
We know that making important decisions can be confusing and overwhelming. These are some of the key pain-points people face:
- Pressure to find solutions for current concerns
- Anxiety about making the wrong choices
- Worry about not being prepared for care responsibilities
- Stress about finding the time to discover answers
How can Podplan help you?
Podplan could help alleviate some of the pressure and challenges facing you as you make important life plans and key decisions. Learn about how social care works, watch short video explainers, find care services, check benefits and more, AND you can have your questions answered whenever you need to!
From understanding monitoring devices to figuring out what help is available from the local council, it’s everything you need all in one place.
Watch the Podplan explainer video HERE to learn more.
Register for Podplan membership today
The Sunset Plan is pleased to introduce Podplan Membership to you. Membership is an easy way to find the information you need to support your mum and dad as they grow older. This unique service can help you plan ahead and make informed decisions for the future. To learn more, click HERE.
Our discount code will give you £60 off the joining fee, then it’s just £10 a month to be a Podplan member. Use the code THIRTY during the sign up process HERE
Note: the first months payment will be £149 (£139 joining fee + £10 for the first months subscription).
Share this article
Do you know someone who would find this information helpful? Why not share this article on social media?
Let others know how to access services that can help with future care and support planning for loved ones.
Follow The Sunset Plan for the latest news and services that can help you and your family with practical end of life planning.